Saturday, December 31, 2016

Goodreads Challenge 2016

Going over to Goodreads just now to link the books I read, it was asking me if I'd read books in 2016 and most of them I had read years before, but one was in 2016 so now I'm 1 book over the goal I set. :) I'm so proud of myself.

Here are the books I read in 2016. Here are my lists of best and worst; just lists for now, and in future posts I'll break down each list with my comments.

These are my 10 favorite:
1. The Ghost Writer - Philip Roth
2. Wild - Cheryl Strayed
3. The Princess Bride - William Goldman
4. Doc Epitaph - Mary Doria Russell
5. This Dark Road to Mercy - Wiley Cash
6. The Blessing of a B Minus - Wendy Mogel
7. Everyone Brave is Forgiven - Chris Cleve
8. Shutter Island - Dennis Lahane
9. Lila - Marilynne Robinson
10.  I Feel Bad about my Neck - Nora Ephron

And here are the 10 Worst:
1. The Darkest Secret - Alex Marwood
2. The Woman Upstairs - Claire Messud
3. And Then She Was Gone - Christopher Greyson
4. Dead to You - Lisa McMann
5. Before I Go to Sleep - S. J. Watson
6. When I'm Gone - Emily Bleeker
7. Wreckage - Emily Bleaker
8. The Butterfly Garden
9. Woman with a Secret - Sophie Hannah
10. Luckiest Girl Alive - Jessica Knoll
11. Broken Grace - E. C. Diskin
12.Vanishing Girls - Lauren Oliver
13. The House by the Lake - Ella Casey
14. Everything We Keep - Kerry Lonsdale
15. The Storyteller - Jodi Picoult

And the Most Disappointing:
1. Me Before You - JoJo Moyes
2. The Hangman's Daughter - Oliver Potzch
3. In the Woods - Tana French
4. Good Things I Wish You - A. Manette Ansay
5. The Paris Wife - Paula McLain
6. The Night Circus - Erin  Moregenstern
7. I am the Messenger - Marcus Zusak

And books I'd call Pleasant Surprises:
1. The Bookman's Tale - Charlie Lovett
2. Ella Minnow Pea - Mark Dunn
3. Those Across The River - Christopher Buehlman
4. The Madwoman Upstairs - Catherine Lowell
5. The Likeness - Tana French

Well. That's more than two lists. I guess I have some explaining to do.





No comments:

Post a Comment