Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Thankful {Top Ten Tuesday}

The things I am thankful for today are mundane and yet newly remarkable; we had no power for almost 2 full days (45 hours, if you must know) so all the modern conveniences that I take for granted are bringing joy to my heart today.

1. I'm thankful for our furnace and not having to worry about keeping the house warm with actual physical intervention (a.k.a. keeping a fire going in the fireplace).

2. I'm thankful for the washer and dryer and loads of laundry.

3. I'm thankful to give Kate a tubby and now worry that she'll be too fridgid when she gets out.

4. I'm thankful for a refrigerator and freezer keeping cold things cold.

5. On the same note, I'm thankful for the snowbank outside where we kept the milk for the last two days.

6. I'm thankful to be able to vacuum.

7. I'm thankful to be able to flip a switch and have a room flood with light.

8. I'm thankful that even while we had no power, we had running water and hot water, that we could light our gas cooktop to cook, and could charge ipods and the DS in the car with car chargers.

9. I'm thankful to be able to be on my laptop (only works when plugged in, the battery doesn't hold a charge at all).

10. Did I mention the heat? and the lights? oh, and the dishwasher? How they all work now?

Linking (for the first time in ages) to oh amanda's top ten Tuesday post.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you all survived!! That's crazy it was out for so long! Some people in h-burg are still without power!!

    ReplyDelete