Monday, October 10, 2011

Trial and Error

There's something about the fall, the warmer weather, and being at home more that increases my baking efforts. I've been in the kitchen a lot trying things out.

My sister-in-law really liked the pumpkin snickerdoodles but I didn't have hers so can't say if they were similar or different from what I did.

I'd been looking at this Garlic Parmesan Pull-apart Bread for awhile and finally made it one night when we had lasagna (because why stop at the excessive steps of a lasagna? Might as well throw a yeast bread into the mix). It wasn't the dream come true lusciousness that I wanted it to be. It was average, but worth another try with more butter and garlic.

These Self-Frosting Nutella Cupcakes were good. I think I overbaked them a smidge because they were a tiny bit dry. My husband asked me to make some frosting so I whipped (literally) up some chocolate buttercream which made it all worthwhile. My kids didn't eat them, but then I didn't offer them any. Kate helped me bake them and after her first taste of Nutella asked, "Is mutella a fruit?"

Oh, and when I printed the recipe from Feisty Cook, I didn't see a "print recipe" button and it printed ev.er.y.thing. So beware.

These Fudge Drops were really, really good. I don't have espresso powder but went ahead anyway and didn't notice anything amiss.

Oh, and these Cake Batter Blondies were D.lish.ous. I could go mix some up right now and eat the batter but I'm going to show Sam my legendary Tetris skills. It's nice to be admired for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment