Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Easter Bunny Told Me to Give this to You

We never really did anything for Easter other than getting dressed up in "Easter clothes" and having a lily; at church Mr. Higgins sang "He's Alive" to mark the occasion. But no candy or baskets.

My first spring at BJU, I made an Easter basket for my mega-crush of the time and guy auction purchase, John-John. I met him for the sunrise service at the stadium and gave him the basket of candy on top of which I had tied his tie into a bow.

I had his tie because we (my XK girls and I) were obsessed with wearing ties as belts thanks to the influence of Phinny in A Separate Peace. I guess he needed his tie back due to having to wear ties every day.

When I gave him the basket I said, "I met the Easter Bunny on the way here and he told me to give this to you." This must have been before we were socialled (a unique punishment invention of Christian colleges that says the punished student cannot talk members to the opposite sex and a story I may or may not get around to telling) because we went to breakfast afterwards.

Later he gave me a polaroid* of him with the Easter Bunny at the mall. Because he was a town student and could go to the mall on Sunday.

*blogger wants me to capitalize polaroid and I don't want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment