Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Broccoli Breakthrough

Tonight for supper we grilled some beef, made some noodles from a package, and steamed some broccoli. Kate loves the broccoli. Sam usually doesn't. I was thinking a few months ago about how all the advice when moms start feeding the baby solids says you have to introduce it something like 15 times. I realized I was taking their word for it that they didn't like something when they'd only tried it 2 or 3 times. So I kind of went back to basics with Sam and the broccoli (and other things, but I can't think of them right now): I put a little piece on his plate every time we had it and he had to eat it and that was all. Last week we had an amazing moment: broccoli in something with a sauce and Sam said he liked it. Then tonight, he ate his stalk and said he liked it. Then he ate all his meat and noodles and asked for more. Actually last week on a few nights he said he was hungry before bed and ate again. He must be growing or actually realizing what hungry feels like and can pay attention to it long enough to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment