1. Marry someone whose mother quilts.
2. Start before this child is even born, asking for a quilt for the older child to "match his room," setting up a pattern where the grandchildren get quilts when they move into big beds.
3. Fall in love with a pattern in a magazine and stash that nugget of knowledge in the part of your brain that remembers random, non-essential pieces of information.
4. When this child moves into a "big girl bed," ask her (at the quilter's request) what she wants her quilt to be. Pass on the answer: Pink and brown and green with flowers and butterflies and tubas. Ignore her and ask for this pattern.
5. Be blown away by the amazing results.
Sorry, I guess that doesn't really help you.
She's amazing, isn't she (my mother-in-law)?
That first picture? I used the tripod and the manual setting, just like Layla told me to. I did for the rest but that first one, especially, I'm really happy with how it turned out.
Thank you, Nana.