Monday, January 31, 2011

Yesterday's Projects

I really tried to clean up my scrap/craft area. I got about 2/3 done and lost my motivation and energy for it. There's just too much stuff. I don't know where to put it or how to store it. I do know I need to stop collecting it, though.



So rather than finish, I did these two things yesterday:





How totally Embellishing Life is this? I absolutely love how it came out. I wasn't sure with the silver frame and the burlap but I really like it.


I didn't take pictures of the process because, well, you can figure it out. I used a Martha Stewart punch (from the Christmas Tree Shop that had never been opened; have I mentioned I have a slight collecting problem when it comes to collecting crafting supplies?) on some old pink paper (from a paper stack) . . . the paper was seriously on its way to being recylced but first it stopped off here.


The solid pink heart was going to be popped but I couldn't find my 3-d adhesive squares (what? you think reorganizing would mean I could just lay my hands on them when I wanted them? Yeah. I thought so too.) so I just layered 7 or 8 together. You can't really tell behind the frame.


The burlap was a fat quarter (maybe) I grabbed at A. C. Moore (because every time I go to Just a Girl, I love that framed starfish).


The next project requires a long story, too. The other day at Joanns, Kate wanted a Tangled/Rapunzel blanket and I of course was not buying it for $30 (not to mention my issues with the princess trope, but that's another post)(hey! that was more at the store). I agreed to get some Rapunzel fleece and some pink fleece and I was going to make her one of those no-sew tie blankets and she refused to let me do that, so I had 1 1/4 yards of pink fleece (end of a bolt so $2) sitting around. She uses the piece of Rapunzel fleece as a blanket.


I love this but again with the not needing to spend that. So I came up with this:







I used a toddler pillow for the form and did the letter like I did the number on her birthday shirt. And that is the pink fabric I used for her bow holder (I thought there were 2 yards of that pink toile. There's 4.)


Craig was really impressed with this, especially the zig-zag stitching. He wanted to know how I did it . . . um, with the machine.

Linking to the Craft Catwalk at Embellishing Life.

4 comments:

  1. the pillow is awesome! What a great idea. Love your v-day craft too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! How about doing the A,T,E in various other shapes/sizes. Great throw pillows for her bed. Just in case you need more to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pillow! I'm sure Kate loves hugging it!

    ReplyDelete