Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Year

Last year, I had one goal (not exactly a resolution): to take my boots to the cobbler. Seriously. I like to set the bar low so that I can experience the satisfaction of achievement.

Yeah, well, the boots never made it.

I tried; I really did. The one guy had his shop closed for a month or so and the other guy didn't fix heels (the one heel is loose) and then when the travel guy was back I went too late in the day and he was closed.

Plus these cobblers are in Nashua and I find "city" driving to be so harrowing.

I do have a list of projects I'd like to do (or at least begin):
a quilt out of Kate's crib sheets
a Christmas quilt I have been planning to make for 3 or 4 years now
a ruffly Christmas tree skirt (because doing Christmas projects in December just doesn't work)
painting our bedroom furniture (ha! Craig is not going to go for that one)
making a headboard for our bed (OK, that's actually more Craig than me)

And books I'd like to read:
couple by C. S. Lewis - The one about grief and Mere Christianity.
Transforming Grace by Jerry Bridges
Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller - pretty much everyone else I know has read this years ago so I guess it's my turn
Testimony by Anita Shreve - I have no idea what it's about but I've read every other book by here (except this and the newest one) so have to keep up.

Go back to exercising, be a better mother and person, keep the laundry at bay, use my time wisely, dust, and not beat myself up if I don't achieve these things by tomorrow.

And of course, play every level of my Harry Potter game.

How about you?

3 comments:

  1. I can barely do what I have planned for today...nevermind the whole year. However, I am determined to stick with some sort of workout routine instead of my "all or nothing" pattern.

    And you made an effort with the boot...not your fault in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the best cobbler around!!! He'll fix you boots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Setting the bar low so you can experience satisfaction! hahaha You crack me up!!!!

    ReplyDelete