Monday, December 20, 2010

Decorated Initial

I got these metal letters at Michael's for really cheap. I thought I could "do something" with them.

I started out by stashing them away for 4 months.

Then I thought, I could give that 'b' to my niece for Christmas.






So I put them in a box in the basement and sprayed them with this:






Upon closer inspection, they didn't look too good, but I planned to cover them anyway.



(I sprayed the backs, too.)

I traced it on this paper (from The Girls Paperie, called On Holiday)



Used a little modge podge to hold it in place.



I thought this method would help this paper strip stay straight




but it didn't, so I covered part of it with the flower.



After I modge podged, before I embellished, I sanded the edges to give it rough-rusticy look and also to get rid of any overhanging paper.








Then I scrabbled around in my stash and started adding things . . . all these embellishments are from Close to my Heart* except for the tape runner rub-ons which are Daisy D's.

And here is the finished product:





I'm pretty happy with how this turned out. I went a little crazy with the tape runner rub-ons and had to cover up part of it with the ribbon.


Someday maybe I'll get to the K.

*I am a "junior consultant" with CTMH but don't have a website (if you like that special they're offering). I tried for awhile to sell it but I'm not pushy enough. I do have quite a lot of their stuff and really like it; when it comes time to embellish, I usually reach for their stuff first.

Linked to:

2 comments: