Monday, December 6, 2010

December 6

I was so ready and on top of things to begin some holiday baking. First up, banana bread. Because the bananas were going bad, quickly, again. Then chocolate chip biscotti.

The "on top of things" part was that I measured out the dry ingredients before getting Kate from school. Once I turned on the mixer, she raced in to help me, we added ingredients and mixed and . . . oh no. I put the dry ingredients from the biscotti in the wet ingredients (butter, sugar, eggs) from the bread. Plus, the sour cream was already mashed in with the bananas.

So I added chocolate chips (what's this? none of the chocolate chips are mini. I couldn't have made the biscotti anyway) and poured it into a 9" x 13" pan.

It was a little dense - pretty cake-like, actually, with not a strong banana taste and pretty sweet. It just occurred to me why: there was a cup of sugar in with the flour, salt, and baking powder that was for the biscotti and I blended a cup with the butter and egg for the bread. So yeah. Sweet.

Sam and Craig both liked it. I'm not a huge banana fan so I had a little piece just to check it out. Maybe when I have more time I'll post my "original" recipe. (smiley emoticon)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I remember your biscotti from last year....SO YUMMY!!!!

    Cake-like (accidental) creation still looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, still looks yummy to me!

    ReplyDelete