Thursday, October 7, 2010

Nothing New Under the Sun

Remember this?




Here's the website I was looking at when I first got the idea. How cute, huh? I love the circle and the name.

But then, too, I have a hang up about kids' names on shirts . . . don't want total strangers knowing their names. Unless I'm yelling across the playground to get their attention, that is.

My children's attention. Not the stranger's.

I also like these.

But again. Not really spending a lot on something that will get so little wear. After I made Kate's, I made one for my niece with a bandanna instead of the patchwork fabric for her "Toy Story" party. It was wicked cute, if I do say so myself.




(I right-clicked this off my SIL's album on FB.)


I thought I could sell those.
Then I went to etsy.
I don't have the energy or resources to compete with that.

I feel that way about hair bows, too. They are fast and easy to make, but I feel like I can't match what's out there in terms of quality or creativity.

I thought I was so stinkin' creative and original . . . I think I like for my hobbies to be hobbies. Once it becomes "work" or something I "have" to do (as opposed to have to do, or, the irresistible creative drive), I don't want to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment