Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Dream

I am not the only one who has this dream. My friends have said they have a variation of it. My sister has it. Then I read on Camille's blog that she has had it.*

Here's the gist: I'm at Bob Jones. I live in the dorm. I don't want to be there.

Usually in the dream, I've had to come back come back to finish some classes and I really don't know why I came back and really want to leave but I already put in so much time, the semester is almost over, so I might as well finish. I'm trying to not get in trouble but not sure if I've broken any rules.

Especially since I've been married, the part about living in the dorm is awful. I want so much to be with Craig (and since having children, with them) but can't. I want to just stick it out to the end of the semester and be finished and leave. Sometimes he's in the boy's dorm, sometimes he's free.

Why two way-backs in one day? I had the dream last night. It was a graduation ceremony. It was almost over. I was finished. And then I was in a room with some friends asking what happened. They hadn't given out the diplomas. We didn't know why.

ugh. I don't like waking up. I really don't like waking up with that in my head.

Craig's opinion is, "that place" badly damaged our psyches and we're still trying to recover. There's so much to unpack in this dream, I wish the baggage would just get lost.

*this is a link to her blog, I don't remember exactly where that post was but when I find it I'll update with that specific link. So you can see that I'm not lying.

4 comments:

  1. I don't think it ruined out psyches. I have had a recurring dream about our parent's house and one about Amy Meckley's house. Very odd. So you never know why you dream crazy stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel that way about some other place.....ahem

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some really wild dreams about it all. Sometimes I'm trapped (like yours). Sometimes I'm arguing. Sometimes I'm renewing old friendships that have been severed. ::shrug:: A friend recently suggested that that's my attempt to reconcile with myself. I think she may be right.

    ReplyDelete