Thursday, April 1, 2010

Blueberry Pound Cake

The title of the post was going to be "This is not Smitten Kitchen" but then I'd have two posts in a row with "not" in the title.

We cannot have that.

Tuesday was my day to bring the snack for Ladies' Bible Study and I made this fantastic recipe for Blueberry Pound Cake. I got the recipe from this book




that I found on the newsstand a good 6 or 7 years ago. I'm just going to link you up to the recipe if you want it. But I took lots and lots of pictures just for this post, just for you.


You start by creaming sugar, butter, and cream cheese (low fat. This is Cooking Light, after all).





You toss your blueberries with some of the flour. I've heard this is to keep them from all sinking to the bottom. This time I used frozen blueberries from the grocery store. I like to use the tiny wild ones; if I have fresh (August, in Maine, yum) I use them.


My batter seems to turn pupley for me with fresh or frozen blueberries.




Making this recipe means I get to use this stone from Pampered Chef. I don't think I've ever used it for anything else. Maybe I should try monkey bread.




This is just after I took it out of the oven. After this I lost energy to take pictures so I don't have one of it out of the pan but it came out beautifully.



The next morning I made a glaze (not the one with the recipe) of powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla. I drizzled this on the cake, cut it, and plated it to take to the church. Then I remembered to take a picture.



Kate usually doesn't eat things with blueberries but she downed at least 3 pieces of this. I was unwrapping it in the car and passing pieces to the back seat. I came home with 2 1/2 pieces which didn't stand a chance against Sam and his buddy's after-school munchies. Craig actually didn't get any.


Sorry, babe.

4 comments:

  1. yum! that looks delish. is it hard to get cakes out of that stone? i have a flat stone from pampered chef and never thought of getting a bundt pan from them. i'm having all sorts of bundt pan drama and looking for the best one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks delicious! I'm sure Craig will get over it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got rid of the word verification??!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my mouth is watering. It's almost 10pm and I have nothing like that in my house. Thanks a lot!!

    ReplyDelete