Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Wishin' and Hopin'

Photobucket



1. Dyson (or at least a better) vacuum

2. bunk bed for Sam's room

3. new camera

4. new sandals

5. a doll house for Kate

6. a new Bible for carrying to church (haven't found the exact one I want yet)

7. a kayak

8. adult bikes

9. treadmill or elliptical

10. a tummy tuck (the crunches are not working fast enough)

Next week, the top ten verses regarding contentment and thankfulness.

Kidding. Despite wanting all of these things, I know we are incredibly, abundantly, above-what-we-could-ask-or-think blessed. Jesus' words in Matthew 6: do not worry. Your Father cares for the birds and aren't you so much more valuable than them? (I know what you're thinking. Move that Bible to the top of the list and stop giving us paraphrases.) My life is not going to magically get better if I have a "great" vacuum, an expensive camera, or my 17-yr-old waistline back. My life is great right now and I am thankful for that.

Now. Head over to ohamanda and see what else has been top-tenned this week.

4 comments:

  1. this made me laugh. I could use a few things on your list. Most importantly the tummy tuck and the camera. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just have to say that if/when you get a new camera, you cannot get a Nikon. You MUST get a Canon!

    Cute sandals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The doll house is awesome! I'd love a tummy tuck too....
    I guess I'll have to stick with eating less and exercising though, huh?

    :oD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great reminder! But a dyson would be nice...

    ReplyDelete