Friday, March 12, 2010

Random Fryday Thoughts

Or maybe it should be fried-day. Because my brain is fried. I am putting a lot of stock in the stop-and-glo wake up light that's coming today. At least UPS said it would and they are usually right. I would link it up for you but I am too tired so just google it if you're curious. Or wait a few days and I'll have a picture. It's supposed to help Kate stay in her room by turning green when she's allowed to come down, thus stopping the increasingly-early burrowing that is taking place in our bed each morning. I know she's going to get bigger, and not do it, and possibly hate me and all I have ever done, but man. 5:20 is early to have a little person wiggling all over the place, waking us up.


* * * * *

The other day I asked the bagger at the grocery store to please put all my refrigerated items together as that was all I was going to have time to put away (the weather was beautiful and we were going to go to the park). Sam did not want to go, so we didn't, and THANK GOD because there was no rhyme or reason to how the stuff was bagged. I would have had perishables on the floor for 2 hours since the yogurt was in with the cereal, but since I was home it all got put away in a timely fashion. I was so annoyed I called the store and complained.


* * * * *

Apparently one night of kids' choice resets my children's brains to the default mode of thinking that complaining about what's for dinner will get them a bowl of cereal.

"I don't like this!"
"I"m not hungry!"
etc.
I had to physically put Kate back in her chair many times the other night before she'd eat. Only twice last night. Sam is a little better and even ate chicken (I know, gasp) a few nights ago.
* * * * *
I wish I had the energy to cook a full meal every night, like my Mom did, but I get so tired. Or distracted. Or unmotivated/depressed. I don't know how she did it. Take-out or eating out was so not an option. My dad will even say now, "there's nothing at a restaurant that's as good as what we can make at home." It goes without saying that they're eating at the wrong restaurants; but also, there's something wrong with his taste buds or his mind/mouth connection or something.
* * * * *
I don't know why the spacing looks one way when I'm typing and another when I preview/post. Know that this was obsessively spaced when I wrote it but blogger is not working with me here.

1 comment: