Sunday, March 7, 2010

Getting out the door

This morning was a tough morning for getting out the door to church. I wanted to get back in bed and Craig was having trouble getting going. He has been the one to tell me get up, we're going to church, which I am so thankful for (he doesn't say it in a bossy, do what I say way, but in a motivating way).

I got something invisible in my eye (Craig checked three times) that no amount of rubbing or blinking or rinsing or poking seemed to be able to get out. Just typing about it now makes me feel it again. I kept getting dressed, alternating outfit components with eye rubbing. And then it was gone.

Then Kate had a fit about her outfit and it took two of us to get it on her. Then she tried to take her tights off and refused to wear her shoes.

Then she got cinnamon roll icing on my pants.

We got in the car and made it on time.

I think satan tries to keep us home. That these things are just roadblocks that we can either overcome by persevering or we can give up and crawl back in bed. I think God honored my effort to get dressed and go, even though my hair didn't get washed and my eye was bugging me, by making my eye stop hurting.

1 comment:

  1. I applaud your willingness to keep pressing on! I would have been more than tempted to crawl back in bed!!

    ReplyDelete