Saturday, February 27, 2010


This whole week, dinner has been a combo of thrown together at the last minute and kids' choice. But I did finish this:

This is a quilt made from Sam's crib sheets. I think it turned out fantastically.
Many of his baby things I was able to pass on, either to my nephews or to the SalVal, but I was having a hard time letting go of these, until I got this idea.

I had to add some fabric to the back (not in the picture) to fill it all in, but I used almost every piece of fabric. I think it really helps that most of these are Pottery Barn Kids sheets so they coordinate. And there was a duvet cover I bought of ebay (just after I registered for these sailboat sheets, they were discontinued) that Sam used for awhile in his toddler bed.

And then I found an almost complete other quilt top in my stash so I whipped that together last night and once I can get to Joanne's I'll get batting and start quilting that. My mother-in-law taught me to hand piece and hand quilt but I have found happiness in machine piecing. It goes together so fast and right now, at this stage of my life, fast is good. Projects can get done and dinner (sometimes) can get made.

1 comment:

  1. this came out so great Sarah! good job! It so special that you were able to use the baby sheets and all. What a great way to preserve a part of his baby years.