Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Creamy Seafood-Parmesan Pasta

It's been awhile since I've made this and wanted something quick and easy and above all, edible. I gave Kate macaroni & cheese because I did not feel like fighting with her late-afternoon-crabby-because-she-wakes-up-at-5:30 AM self. But as I said here, this is acceptable to Sam.

He asked for seconds again.

So, I thought I'd put the recipe here so you can enjoy it, too. Today I forgot to get scallops and used all shrimp. And I never have the yogurt-based spread so we use butter (the one time I bought it it didn't seem to make a difference so we just go for full-fat/flavor). I got this out of Cooking Light Superfast Suppers.

Creamy Seafood-Parmesan Pasta

Prep: 3 minutes; Cook: 11 minutes.

Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/4 cups)

Ingredients
6 ounces uncooked medium egg noodles
8 ounces sea scallops
Cooking spray
1/2 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
1 teaspoon seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay)
2 garlic cloves, minced or 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
2 tablespoons yogurt-based spread (such as Brummel & Brown)
1/2 cup finely chopped green onions (about 2)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Preparation
Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
Rinse scallops, and pat dry with paper towels.
Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat until hot. Add scallops, shrimp, seasoning, and garlic; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently, or until shrimp and scallops are done. Add half-and-half, yogurt spread, and green onions. Remove from heat. Add noodles and cheese, tossing to coat.

2 comments:

  1. This is something Adam would love...I need to try this. I have this same cookbook but I must have passed over this recipe...maybe because of the egg noodles and shellfish? jack can't eat it but I think I will try it on a "chicken nugget" night so Adam and I can enjoy it. It sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo this sounds yummy! i might give this a try if i can find suitable sea scallops in tennessee. i highly doubt it.

    ReplyDelete