Things I do not like about winter:
1. Forgetting to go out and start the car so it can warm up and having to drive in a cold car.
2. Not being able to clean fingerprints/drool off the windows because the cleaner freezes when I spray it.
3. Tracking in sand, gravel, and rock salt.
4. Looking for mittens.
5. Sam's lips get so dry they crack :(
6. Small children going bananas indoors because they can't go outside to go bananas.
7. Cancelling plans because of snow.
8. Trying to think of things I do like about winter so this post doesn't seem so negative.
9. Getting a car wash and then having the car get grungy on the way home.
10. The gravel-covered snow on the sides of the road that is just ugly.
Maybe I'll come up with some things I do like about winter . . . and I'll look for the Emily Dickinson poem ("birds/by the snow"), because I do think winter makes me appreciate summer more.