Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Stir-Fry

For awhile now, stir-fries have been popular around here. They are eaten with gusto and minimal complaint. I really don't know why this is. Maybe it's the little pieces of food? Maybe it's giving them chopsticks?

I didn't realize, until Craig pointed it out, that Kate prefers the ones with noodles instead of rice. So tonight, of course, she wanted nothing to do with the beef/carrot/green bean goodness, as it was over rice. She wanted macaroni. I told her this was Chinese macaroni, which elicited crying and whining (hey, it could have worked).

And then I made her macaroni. Which she insisted she be fed. Her new thing is "I don't know how . . ." to eat, to sleep, to draw kids, to play. You name it. She doesn't know how to do those things.

She does, apparently, know how to stealthily remove all the Cars cars from Sam's room during her nap so I don't hear her; how to scream in Target that she doesn't like the store because it's too big (or too baby, I'm not sure which); and how to answer questions with a mixture of yes & no so that I don't know what she wants (It's very hard to do this. She'll start out with "yeeeeeeeeeeehno" or "noooooooooooooooooyeh") and have to ask her to repeat herself.

2 comments:

  1. Kate screaming in Target?? I don't know this side of her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend has a 3 year old daughter named Reagan. Without fail every time Reagan gets out of the car and realizes she is in the Target parking lot she exclaim very excitedly, "I LOVE TARGET! Can we look at the purses?" Perhaps it is that Kate has more sophisticated tastes, but I would have thought your daughter of all daughters would have been the one shouting out adoration for a store regardless of its size!

    ReplyDelete