Friday, January 29, 2010

Intuition

Yesterday, after taking Sam to school, I went with Kate to a friend's house and then to Target (or course) and as we were driving home, we passed the turn that leads to Sam's school. I thought, I wonder what my boy is doing? and then looked at the time . . . 2:34. Almost time for school to be out.

I think I'll pick him up, I thought.

Nah, I didn't write a note.

But I think I'll pick him up.

So I made an illegal U-turn and went to the school where they asked me for my ID. I said, "I was just driving by and thought I'd get him." The secretary said, "Sometimes it's better to ignore those impulses."

No, it's not.

Because I'm his mother. And I trust in God.

Sometimes it's obvious what God wants us to do. And sometimes He speaks in a still, small voice.

Something told me to pick him up.

I'll probably never know why. The bus didn't crash or anything. But he came home with me.

2 comments:

  1. What gives with the secretary?!

    I think there are many things we will never know "why" with the Lord. We just have to be satisfied in knowing He knows better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute would Kate be as a flower girl?! However, at the rate I'm going, she'll be old enough to be my matron of honor.

    ReplyDelete