Saturday, December 19, 2009

Is this really necessary?

I have a scrapbooking addiction. It's pretty serious. Almost anything we do I take (multiple) pictures of, going for different angles so I don't have to have a picture of someone looking off the page. Sometimes I dress my children in coordinating clothing so the pictures look good on a page.

We are not going to get into my desire for a newer, better camera; I am trying to be content with what God has given me, which is a perfectly fine point-and-shoot camera that takes perfectly serviceable pictures. I'd like to have outstanding, well-lit, photojournalistic, gorgeously staged photos. Maybe someday.

Anyway.

We made sugar cookies today and I tried to take pictures of them at each stage, cutting them out, decorating, eating . . . only Kate didn't want to eat hers. I missed taking a shot of her first bite (I was playing with the flash settings) and even with coaxing couldn't get her to take another bite. REALLY? It's a full-on sugar rush, pre-bedtime, high glycemic index meltdown waiting to happen. Come on baby girl, it's for the scrapbook.

Your brother did it.



I don't think she actually took a bite. But I got my shot.

2 comments:

  1. I love to scrapbook too I just don't have time for :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! Love the frosting on the face!

    ReplyDelete